Thursday, February 17, 2011

This and That


Do any of you remember the Martha Stewart Baby magazines?  There were only seven issues published back in 2000-2003, long before I had my babies.  Fortunately for me, my brother and sister-in-law's first child was born in 2000 so Alissa had 4 of the 7 issues tucked away on her shelves.  Since their youngest is now 6 (almost 7- when did this happen?) I decided to "borrow" the issues for awhile.

I love pulling them out to peruse every few months.  They are full of amazing information, photos, and great tips.  I'm sure I've seen most of the same projects online but there's just something about flipping through a magazine that is so relaxing.

I pulled them out last night because we're having Emme dedicated on Sunday and I was looking for some cake decorating ideas.  Of course, in flipping through I noticed a whole bunch of projects I'd love to try someday.  One magazine is a spring issue (what perfect timing) and just look at some of these cute ideas.
Paw prints from the Easter bunny

Isn't this the cutest Easter basket!

Flower cupcakes!
I'm still not sure what I'm going to be doing for Emme's cake.  I think I've narrowed it down to cupcakes and I'd love to do some flowers, but we'll see how much time I have to "play."

Speaking of Martha Stewart...a few days ago I was searching "tree branch images" on Google (to get ideas for the tree branch family tree I'm making for Emme's room) when I came across this image
 
Isn't that incredible!  It appeared in an article for the San Diego Examiner which has a lot of amazing pictures of trees incorporated into home design.  Just look at these beds.

http://www.slmetalworks.com/beds_a.html 

Unfortunately the article didn't source where that lovely green bookshelf came from.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the March issue of Martha Stewart and saw the same darling green bookshelf staring back at me.  This sweet little bookshelf is from design artist and retails for $2,500 (gulp).  Far too expensive to ever purchase but that doesn't diminish my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment