Sunday, February 6, 2011

valentines gift ideas

Valentine's Day is all about the jewelry right?  Flowers, chocolate, and dinner out is nice and all, but jewelry is where it's at.  Now, I suppose I should preface this post by saying that typically I'm not really a jewelry kind of girl.  I wear my wedding rings and sometimes an emerald cut aquamarine (my birthstone) that my husband got me for our 5th wedding anniversary, but I don't own any other rings and I don't even have my ears pierced.   

However, I do have a weakness for necklaces.  Even then, they are usually the pendant type or pearls (but then again who doesn't love the classic pearl).

Of course anything that comes in this little blue box is bound to be fabulous (and fabulously expensive).
The Tiffany Blue Box

But there are also some other wonderful options out there that are just as beautiful and not quite as expensive.
  
Take these copper heart charms 
copper heart charm Product Image

or this cute little vintage love heart (both from the vintage pearl).
a little vintage love. (rts) Product Image

forever necklace

and this marked by love pendant.
Marked By Love Necklace

Both of these ladies have a lot of other beautiful jewelry, especially some darling things for moms.  Plus, there are numerous etsy shops that have some amazing stuff too.

So send this post on to your significant other (and my husband while you're at it since he probably won't be reading this), as a little reminder that Valentine's Day is only 8 short days away.

Of course, you're going to need something to hold all your pretty things.  I love this stand from Pottery Barn.
Bird Jewelry Stand, Bronze finish
Bird Jewelry Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment